Laura and I baked two types of deserts tonight! Tie Dye Cupcakes & Berry Lemon Curd Cakes. I stole the tie dye recipe from Omnomicon but tweaked it to my own needs. Both used any type of yellow cake mix. I went with Duncan Hines this time and used Mrs. Crocker on the side because she is a nice lady… Now I can check baking off on my list of “to-do’s” since I’ve been home.
The ingredients for the tie dye cupcakes are simple (the little pink ceramic man in the background is starring at you).
Laura enjoyed mixing the batter.
Tie Dye Cupcakes
1. Yellow Cake mix
2. Food Coloring
– Follow the directions for creating the cake mix
– Separate the batter into four different cups and in each cup, color the batter a different color.
– In each baking cup pour a spoonful of red, on top of that pour green, and then a little orange, and then a smidgen of blue. Obviously you can mix up the order of the colors.
The batch baked for about 18 minutes… Then we frosted and decorated them!
Berry Lemon Curd Cakes
1. Yellow cake mix
2. Lemon curd
3. Strawberries, Blackberries, Raspberries
4. Whip cream
– After baking the batch for 18 minutes, take off the baking cups and imprint a small hole in the cupcake
– Spoon on a layer of lemon curd
– Put the strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries in place. The consistency of the lemon curd and the little indent keep the berries from falling off.
– These pictures do not show the whip cream on top but feel free to add it! I did and it was sooooo good.
YUM. Well I hope that made you hungry. Happy Tuesday everyone.