So recently in the past few months I participated in a Daniel Fast with my staff and members from our church. Although many Daniel Fasts vary on specifics, one basically obstains from meat, dairy, processed food and when eating grains, only consumes whole grains. One recipe that I really want to share with you is the flavorful bean salad that I made and loved.
Three Bean Salad
- 1 15oz can of cannellini beans
- 1 15oz can of kidney beans
- 1 15oz can of garbanzo beans
(All rinsed and drained)
- 2 celery sticks chopped fine
- 1/2 red onion chopped fine
- 1 cup of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Now that you have the what- ingredients- Here is the how:
- Mix the beans, celery, onion, parsley, and rosemary into a large bowl
- In a seperate bowl mix together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. This gives the mixture time to dissolve together
- Add the dressing to the bean bowl
- Chill the salad for several hours to allow the beans to soak up the flavor.
YUM. HAVE FUN!